The 6 Franchise Facts Of Life are often "misplaced" in the fog of exuberance when thinking about franchising your business. Pursuing Franchising is a difficult decision when a business owner is in possession of Franchise Facts, but damn near impossible without them.
Straight Talk About Franchising
I’ve worked with Jack Eberenz of Franchise Integration, for more years than either of us care to remember. Franchise Integration has, over the years, advised numerous companies looking to enter the franchise arena or grow their franchise network.
They have found that, all too often, franchisors come to them with any number of unrealistic ideas of how the franchising process works, and how they can simply turn on the franchise marketing spigot and reap the flood of franchise fees and royalties that will soon come their way. Unfortunately, it is not that easy.
The following Franchising Facts of Life give you a sampling of some things we have found, through long years of experience, to be true. They may not be easy to hear, but they can save you time, money and grief.
Six Franchising Facts Of Life
- You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince. Most franchisors report working through an average of 75-125 leads for each franchise sold.
- Forget about Franchise Fees. Franchisors should NOT expect to “live” on the proceeds from franchise fees; most of the fee will be spent by the franchisor before the franchisee opens the doors.
- If you’re not showing a profit, franchisees will become scarcer than hen’s teeth. Franchisees buy a “shortcut” to a moneymaking business; they judge your words by your track record.
- Marketing costs money. Probably more than you think. The more aggressive your sales goals, the more aggressive your lead generation program should be.
- Consultants that make franchising sound quite easy are also usually quite wrong. Be wary of requests for large upfront payments or large equity positions. While reasonable retainers are standard, the bulk of a consultant’s compensation should be based on reaching specific performance goals.
- Most new franchisors often have business plans that start with “Once upon a time…” Are your sales expectations based on caviar wishes or pragmatic realities"
# # #
Here's A Great, Free Head Start For You
Get a jump on your Website, Marketing, and Copywriting with my FREE Check List, 15 Action Steps Vital To Small Business Success.
Want To Know The Secrets Of The World’s Best Copywriters?
Many budding copywriters and business owners need help in crafting branding statements, advertising, online web copywriting and content, press releases and the like. I encourage you to find a good branding strategy consultant/professional copywriter who can take what’s in your heart and your head and put it in a way that will let you reach your goal of educating your prospects, allowing them to conclude they would have to be raving lunatics if they didn’t do business with you. If you're looking for a good online digital copywriting course, kindly check out Write Like A Madman And Make Money Like Crazy, my 13-Video, 30-piece multi-media Signature Course. Click here to watch the first video Free